Masters Degree: Special Education
University of Colorado at Denver
Bachelor of Arts: English Education
University of Iowa
ENDORSEMENTS: Colorado Department of Education
• Secondary English Education 6-12
• Special Education Generalist K-21
• Special Education, Specialist: Severe Affective Needs K-21
Life Outside of Thomas Jefferson High School
Hello, everyone! I am Amy Kalinchuk, career teacher and shenanigans artist. I am the lead teacher in the PLEX program at TJ. Since 1992, I have been teaching students to read and write, and I currently teach students with special needs about pragmatic language and executive functioning. I also enjoy helping with the positive behavior support program for the entire school–I give out the Snatraps awards once per month!
In addition to teaching, I have a life of my own. ::collective gasp:: I am married and have a high school-aged daughter. I enjoy working out at a CrossFit™ gym, and have recently retired from playing roller derby with the Wreckin’ Roller Rebels. With my husband I run a small business, and keep busy spending time with my family, my dog and two cats, and our backyard chickens.
The Best Ways to Contact Me, In Order of Speed of My Response:
- TEXT me at 720.336.8608 (I will respond between the hours of 8am and 3pm, M-F, during the school year.)
- Call me at the same number, leaving a message as needed.
- Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org (This is the district Gmail.)
- Email me at: email@example.com
- Call me at 720.423.7143 and leave a message.